MEOW WOLF SAFETY PROTOCOLS : Welcome Back to MW Production Facilities.pdf
Meow Wolf production work has been deemed an essential business by the State of New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado. We will continue to follow all government directives from local, state, and federal entities. These protocols will adjust accordingly.
These guidelines are intended to keep us all safe in the workplace. Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing you with clear guidelines and expectations to welcome you back to the workplace. The following measures establish protocols to keep our production work operating as safely and hygienically as possible.
Be the Example. Stay at home if you are not feeling well. Also, stay at home if you have been exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
Contingency Planning. If you do not feel comfortable working in our production workspace, or if you have personal responsibilities that prevent you from working outside of home, please communicate with your supervisor to identify appropriate telework projects.
Work From Home. Anyone who can work from home, should continue to do so.
Arriving at the Workplace and Entering the Building
Entrance. Only enter through the designated entrance. In Santa Fe, enter 2600 Camino Entrada through the Fab Door near the loading dock toward the back of the building. See Map attached. At the Las Vegas warehouse, please enter through the front entrance. See Map attached. While working on a construction site, please abide by our General Contractor COVID Protocols. For additional information contact your project lead.
Personal Protective Equipment: All employees must wear a face covering with two layers or a filter that covers both the mouth and nose. We do not permit face coverings with a valve. If you do not have your own, we will provide face coverings at the entrance.
Entering the Building. All employees are required to take the following steps as they enter the building:
- You will take your temperature with a no-touch sensor to confirm you do not have a fever. Your temperature will be recorded in a log. If your temperature is elevated above normal, you should return home and seek medical attention. If you prefer, you can wait at least five minutes and take your temperature again. Please follow all signage with appropriate guidance.
- Please use the hand sanitizer dispenser provided at the entrance to sanitize your hands as you enter the building.
- Face Shields and Gloves are available should you prefer to wear gloves in the workplace.
Working Safely in the Workspace
Facilities Team. Our custodial team will be cleaning and wiping down shared surfaces daily in the Santa Fe production facility and twice a week at the Vegas production facility. As production increases, so will our custodial support on site. You are responsible for cleaning your personal work space.
Handwashing. Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds.
Personal Etiquette. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, throw tissue in trash. If tissues are not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow away from others. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Disinfect Workspace. Facilities team will provide a clean cloth and disinfectant spray for you to clean your workspace.
- You should do this at the beginning and end of your work day.
- Disinfect all equipment after each use (i.e. control buttons, tools, forklift, etc).
- Disinfect the kitchen/lounge surfaces after each use. (sink and refrigerator handles, countertops)
- Disinfect conference room surfaces after use.
- Maintain six (6) feet of social distance from one another at all times on Production property. This includes production areas, conference rooms, lobbies, private offices, hallways, and the outdoors.
- Follow directional arrows on the floor to move across the building. Ensure that staff will not have to pass each other directly in close quarters by following these one-way walking paths.
- Copier and Kitchen areas are restricted to single person use at all times.
Meetings. Minimize in person meetings as much as possible. Abide by room capacity recommendations for each meeting room. Capacity numbers will be posted on conference room doors.
Restrooms. Max capacity for our restrooms are as follows: two (2) people per restroom on the office side of CAT and one person per restroom on the FAB side of CAT. We will post signs on each bathroom entry door with a total capacity listed. Please also announce your presence when you enter a bathroom to confirm the space is not already at capacity.
Self Monitor. Monitor yourself for symptoms and notify a supervisor immediately if you are not feeling well.
Pets in the Workplace. Please adhere to the same social distance requirements for pets.
- Doors Open. The Entrance door should be propped open as will all non-rated interior doors to minimize touching of door handles.
- Sanitizer. Hand Sanitizer and disinfecting spray will be provided in all conference rooms, entry ways, kitchen spaces, and throughout the production facility.
- Kitchen/Food Etiquette.
- Utensils. Single-use disposable utensils, cups, and plates are available and recommended to use. If you bring personal dishes and utensils to work, they must keep them at your desk/workspace, and return them home the same day, or they will be discarded.
- Sinks. Sinks must remain free of dirty dishes. Any dishes left in the sink will be discarded.
- Food Delivery. If food delivery is ordered, only individually packaged boxed/bagged lunches are to be provided. Make specific arrangements to meet delivery person at Reception.
Returning from Out of State Travel
As an essential business, Meow Wolf employees and contractors who travel for business are not required to quarantine upon arrival in the states of New Mexico, Colorado, or Nevada.
Non-business arrivals in New Mexico must self-quarantine for a period of 14 days, whether the travel was by air or by car.